There are a lot of things in the health food department that can be used for external beauty aids, as well as for eating and drinking, and one of them is the Apple cider vinegar . You might have encountered it many times in your Salad cream and Mayonnaise or taken it as a natural remedy for stomach upset etc . However, you might not necessarily know how powerful this simple food item can be for your overall health and beauty needs.
Apple Cider Vinegar .
Apple cider vinegar otherwise known as ACV is derived from Apples. It goes through some fermentation processes before it gets to its liquid state, at which the natural nutrients and enzymes that is highly beneficial for the well-being of the body are preserved. It is rich in potassium, probiotics, acetic acid , magnesium, enzymes, pectin, calcium , vitamin B1, B2, B6, A , C and E, Malic acid and ash which helps in balancing the pH of the body and alkaline condition.
You might wonder how it’s different from the regular one hundred and fifty Naira white vinegar you find in the market and bakery shops. The difference lies in the distilling processes . The white vinegar usually goes through an over procession where most of these natural nutrients are stripped away or killed off leaving it with little to no health benefits.
Apple Cider Vinegar for the Hair .
1. A natural and effective hair conditioner. Let me start by saying that I seriously don’t joke with this. It is so unbelievably effective for my really tough low porosity hair. Listen you really need to try this immediately and then come back here and tell me how good it’s been to you. Simply dilute one to two cap full of ACV with one cup of Water, spray, spritz , pour or whatever this mixture to your hair, let it sit for at least 30 minutes before you rinse it off then, watch the magic happen. The result is immediate at least for me*
2. Gets rid of itchy scalp and dandruff . ACV does this by killing off the bacteria and fungus that causes these scalp condition and in turn prevents it as well. Just prepare the mixture as stated above . You can pre-poo with this, or rinse your scalp with it.
3. A natural hair cleanser and shampoo. Do you know that you can use ACV as your very own natural hair shampoo? It does this by clarifying and cleansing the hair and scalp , removing build ups and dirt that can clog the pores and hair shaft which subsequently leads to retarded hair growth. Simply massage your scalp as you would with a shampoo after application to really get the dirt out-of-the-way.
4. Promotes Hair growth .Clean and dirt free scalp as a result of ACV like I mentioned above gives the scalp room to breathe which in turn improves blood circulation, secretion of Sebum (oil which the body produces), and strengthen the keratin bond of the hair, making it stronger , healthier and shinier automatically leading to an improved hair growth.
5. Combats Hair breakage . By now I believe you’ve realized how beneficial ACV could be for you. The list is endless but I will try to limit this to five essential hair benefits otherwise these would be a really long post. What ACV does in this case is that it balances the pH of your hair, which may be otherwise as a result of the different rigorous treatments, products, chemicals etc your hair might have undergone. It closes the hair cuticle, making it smoother and easier to detangle, prevent it from thinning and strengthens the hair, thereby reducing breakage that would have occurred otherwise for various reasons. Here’s one of the reasons why your hair might be breaking off.
Like to know more? Stay updated for my next post and subscribe below! As always let me know if you found this helpful and of course leave your questions , I will definitely address them . I leave you with love and light .